House Of Silence starts with the introduction of our main characters, how they meet and the build up of their relationship.
Gwen has no family to call her own so when she gets the chance to meet and spend christmas with Alfies she jumps at it. Alfie isn't keen on spending Christmas with his family but it is tradition and the only time he does. He warns Gwen he is different around them and to prepare her for the meeting.
As the story progresses we see a different Alfie and pick up on the families waryness at a stranger being brought in and more so when Gwen starts to notice things aren't quite what they seem. Relationships bloom and secrets threaten to spill out aswell as an unexpected attraction. Marek is the gardiner, quiet, mysterious and knows a lot about the family and Gwen finds herself drawn to him.
This story has so many levels to it. Half way through I thought it was going to flag but instead found myself glued to the next page to find out what the secret is and how it all unravels. A totally unexpected conclusion but I really enjoyed this book and glad I got this as and at £1.90 it was a total steal. 5/5 for me.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2020 (104)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)