Day 2 - Your least favourite book of all time is either a clockwork orange or Moby Dick by Herman melville
I actually thought I had posted this today, must have been facebook! I think 12 pages (or close to that) of describing the ship decking is just ridiculous and a lot of the book dragged like that so that by the time something had actually started to happen I had lost the will to read it. I ended up leaving it behind in a hotel room in Paris and it took me over a week to read. I am one of those people who hate giving up on a book no matter how bad it is.
The other contender
I was told the movie was brilliant so I paid nearly £18 for it and really disliked it. I then got the book and thought maybe that would be better, I HATED it, the way they spoke, the way it was written. The language used, infact I can't remember one thing I liked about it yet there are people who loved both of them yet for me it was torture.
Sunday, 17 April 2011
30 day book challenge day 2
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)
lol, I've just this minute posted mine!ReplyDelete
Moby Dick - not read it, don't think I will now! A Clockwork Orange, however, I've read the book AND seen the film and found both interesting ...
£18?! I think I bought a copy for £3! I think you have to like the surreal to enjoy Clockwork Orange, the book is quite hard going and if I hadn't seen the film I probably would have had no idea what was going on.ReplyDelete
Someone at work asked if I'd read Moby Dick the other day. Don't know why. Knowing my luck they'll be a copy waiting on my desk tomorrow!
Lol Suzie heading over now and isn't it funny how opinions differ so much on one thing. For me it is more boggling if it is two people who have similar tastes in books so I shall need to browse through and see what ones we have in common.ReplyDelete
PWB it was many years ago and from HMV I think so probably an import. LOL if you have I would use it as a paper weight :P