Day 3 - Your favourite book to recommend to friends is Chris Mooney - Remembering Sarah. It took me ages to actually get this book (finally bought it from America).
Taken from Chris Monney website
Mike Sullivan is determined to raise his six-year-old daughter Sarah to become a tough, independent woman. His own mother left him when he was twelve, promising to return and rescue him from his father, an abusive and violently unpredictable thief who, Mike believes, is responsible for her disappearance. But Mike's wife, Jess, has an overprotective need to shelter Sarah. Rebelling against her paranoia, Mike waits until Jess leaves the house and then, against her wishes, takes Sarah sledding.
Only Sarah doesn't want to go up the hill with her father. Sarah wants to go up with her best friend. In love with his daughter's stubbornness, Mike grants her wish, and when Sarah doesn't come down, he finds himself stuck in the middle of a snowstorm, his daughter gone.
Five years later, Sarah is still missing. The only suspect, Francis Jonah, the former priest believed to be responsible for the disappearance of two other girls, is dying of cancer. On the anniversary of Sarah's disappearance her jacket is discovered—by Jonah.
Battling a failed marriage and desperate for the truth, Mike is in a frenzied race to unlock Jonah's monstrous secrets before he dies. What is the connection between the disappearance of Sarah and Mike's mother? And why has Mike's father suddenly reappeared? In this story of gripping loss, compassion, and forgiveness, Mike must confront a family history steeped in lies, deceit, and, hardest of all, the persistent suspicion that his daughter might still be alive.
I really enjoyed this book and sent it out on loan around the country, gave my friend a loan of it and she still has it
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)