Well you imagine a book with a collection of short stories about zombies, how could you go wrong? Well you can, the second story (I believe it was or maybe the third) didn't even have zombies in it. It was people reunited through playing zombies in a zombie movie *sigh*. It would probably have been quite enjoyable in any other setting but the fact you pick up a book expecting it to be all zombie stories and its not does lead to dissapoitment.
On a positive note there was some great new zombie ideas in there and I mostly enjoyed the stories just a select few annoyed me and that is always enough to pull a scoring down on the book.
I was delighted to find a Stephen King addition in there (one of my fav horror authors as a child and still enjoy as an adult).
The start or each story gives you a little about the author (and some books they have written, briefly) and a small bit of info about the story that follows.
Had the stories all been 100% zombies I would have probably given it a 5 but the few sneaky not proper flesh tearing ones dragged it down a little for me. Overall though any zombies fans should give it a go and you will pick up a few new authors and zombie titles in there. 3 of 5 for me.
Thursday, 11 August 2011
Review - The Living Dead by various authors
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Love you more by Jennifer Grant
- Review - Colorado Abduction by Cassie Miles
- Review - The colour Of Death by Michael Cordy
- 100 followers giveaway (poll up)
- Review - Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg
- Review - Half-Inch by McCarty Griffin
- Review - The Intruders by Michael Marshall
- Review - Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
- review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
- Review - The Lazy Crew by Jon KuCala
- Horrified - diet book aimed at 6 year olds
- Review - Twelve by Jasper Kent (Transworld Book Gr...
- Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
- Review 0 Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Chris Crowe
- Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Just an FYI
- Review - The Living Dead by various authors
- August Pre-Loved Giveaway is From The Dead by Mark...
- Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
- Julys pre-loved giveaway winner is..........
- ▼ August (20)
Oh yes, indeed. Though I think they've gotten a little too much attention in the YA scene recently...ReplyDelete
The amount of books! I'm having trouble reading one hundred books in a year and you're like "see ya later, I'm at 98 already". Wow!
Yup, I'll just go add you now. :)
Lol I did 185 last year, totally behind this year thoughReplyDelete