Death Row by Mark Pearson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Blurb from the back cover
Fifteen years ago, when Jack Delaney was a beat cop not long out of Hendon, two children went missing from Carlton Row, a small residential street in Harrow. They were never seen alive again.
Two years later, Delaney rescued a young girl from the boot of an abandoned car, leading to the capture of Peter Garnier, one of the most horrific child rapists and murders in recent history. Although the bodies from Carlton Row were never found, Garnier admitted to murdering the two children and many, many more. He was sent to prison for the rest of his natural life.
Jack had thought the case was closed. But he couldn't have been more wrong.
This morning another young boy was taken from Carlton Row. Peter Garnier sends Jack the chiling message that they are both at the heart of the mystery, but Delaney has no time to figure out why, or how. Because tonight, the killings begin again...
Well written, easy to follow and the story captures you pretty much from the first chapter (actually from the blurb on the back!)I haven't read any of his other books and think if I had read the one before this one (I would think there is one due to some things said in this book) I would have enjoyed it just that bit more and had a better feel for the characters.
That said I don't think you particularly have to have read it it just would have been my preference but as I was given this book I hadn't realised it was a series or part of one.
The characters are pretty strong and wether you like or hate them you get a strong feel for them. I quite liked Jack as a character and a cop. The story is a page turner and pretty good paced, before long bodies are piling up and the chase is on as to who the actual killer is and a few twists and suprises along the way. It took me the best part of a day to read and I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out who done it and what was going on with the other characters. 4/5 for me.
View all my reviews
Monday, 22 August 2011
review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Love you more by Jennifer Grant
- Review - Colorado Abduction by Cassie Miles
- Review - The colour Of Death by Michael Cordy
- 100 followers giveaway (poll up)
- Review - Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg
- Review - Half-Inch by McCarty Griffin
- Review - The Intruders by Michael Marshall
- Review - Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
- review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
- Review - The Lazy Crew by Jon KuCala
- Horrified - diet book aimed at 6 year olds
- Review - Twelve by Jasper Kent (Transworld Book Gr...
- Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
- Review 0 Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Chris Crowe
- Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Just an FYI
- Review - The Living Dead by various authors
- August Pre-Loved Giveaway is From The Dead by Mark...
- Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
- Julys pre-loved giveaway winner is..........
- ▼ August (20)
Post a Comment