Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
What a powerful and moving subject on one of the biggest relationship taboos and nonos there is.
Growing up in a disfunctional family, raising your brothers and sisters, trying keep a house going, social services away and keep going at school. A mother who is constantly missing and better off so when she finally does appear with inappropriate behaviour, stories and alcohol dependancy. This is how it is for Maya and Lochan who have always seen each other as best friends, companions and never as brother and sister.
I thought it took a wee while to get started but as I got through it I realised this was needed to get to know the characters properly and understand and get a feel for the situation and family life. A love story that at first glance you think this is going to be wrong, disgusting and against nature but as you read the book it opens your eyes and shows you a whole different side that you wouldn't think able to comprehend or understand.
The chapters are told one through Maya, one through Lochan continuously about how they are seeing and feeling things as they experience it. I can't write too much about it without giving the story away but it is a page turner and very well written.
It is a horrible situation for them and heartbreaking to read however I couldn't put it down and read it in just over a day. 4/5 for me, hard to read at a few points, brave and challenging but worth sticking with.
View all my reviews
Saturday, 13 August 2011
Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Love you more by Jennifer Grant
- Review - Colorado Abduction by Cassie Miles
- Review - The colour Of Death by Michael Cordy
- 100 followers giveaway (poll up)
- Review - Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg
- Review - Half-Inch by McCarty Griffin
- Review - The Intruders by Michael Marshall
- Review - Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
- review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
- Review - The Lazy Crew by Jon KuCala
- Horrified - diet book aimed at 6 year olds
- Review - Twelve by Jasper Kent (Transworld Book Gr...
- Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
- Review 0 Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Chris Crowe
- Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Just an FYI
- Review - The Living Dead by various authors
- August Pre-Loved Giveaway is From The Dead by Mark...
- Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
- Julys pre-loved giveaway winner is..........
- ▼ August (20)
Post a Comment