From The Dead by Mark Billingham
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blurb from the back cover
A decade ago, Alan Langford's charred ramins were discovered in his burt-out car. His wife Donna was found guilty of conspiracy to murder her husband and sentenced to ten years in prison.
But just before she is released, Donna receives a nasty shock: an anonymous letter containing a photo of her husband. The man she hates with every fibre of her being - the man she paid to have murdered - seems very much alive and well.
THE RACE AGAINST TIME
How is it possible that her husband is still alive? Where is he? Who sent the photo, and why?
Imagine going to jail for the murder of your husband, losing your little girl and spending a decade behind bars for your crime. Imagine getting photographic proof your husband is still alive and well, what would you do?
This is what happens to Donna Langford who hires a private detective to find out the truth behind the photo(s) and letter. We follow her journey as the investigation reveals all the answers and flings up a few suprises, twists and unexpected turns.
Before long detective Thorne gets involved and the findings open up cases past and lead them to some shocking revelations.
Great paced, Thorne is his usual thrilling self but I felt the ending was very rushed and over too quickly (which isn't always a bad thing but just a tad too quick for me). 3/5 this time round.
View all my reviews
Monday, 8 August 2011
Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Love you more by Jennifer Grant
- Review - Colorado Abduction by Cassie Miles
- Review - The colour Of Death by Michael Cordy
- 100 followers giveaway (poll up)
- Review - Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg
- Review - Half-Inch by McCarty Griffin
- Review - The Intruders by Michael Marshall
- Review - Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
- review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
- Review - The Lazy Crew by Jon KuCala
- Horrified - diet book aimed at 6 year olds
- Review - Twelve by Jasper Kent (Transworld Book Gr...
- Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
- Review 0 Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Chris Crowe
- Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Just an FYI
- Review - The Living Dead by various authors
- August Pre-Loved Giveaway is From The Dead by Mark...
- Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
- Julys pre-loved giveaway winner is..........
- ▼ August (20)
Post a Comment