Posted To Death by Dean James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Posted to death is, in this case a book being posted to death :D. It is making its way around some of my friends on Risi and started out in the USA. So far it has travelled 6230 miles (unpon getting to me) and will be heading to England I believe next.
It is a fabulous non challenging wee read and for me I was sold with "it has a gay vampire in it", I do love vampire books and this is a first for me. Simon Kirby-Jones is our star and author himself, he moves to a wee village in England. Filled with busy bodies and all the other antics of a small close knit town Simon finds himself surrounded by drama of all kinds.
With the threat of an expose play based on the village peoples secrets a murder occurs and the book is basically about finding out who done it and revealing the characters of the village (and the secrets they would rather keep quiet).
It is a funny, naughty, intriguing and for me, quick, fun read. The first two lines had me hooked 'The vicar doesn't know I'm a vampire. Nor does he know I'm gay'. That was it for me. The book also has a different take on vampires in that they can do things normal vampires can't and this is due to medication. It gives a brief explanation on it, certainly enough for you to follow it and I would hope in the series follow ups it gives a bit more detail on that. 4/5 for me and I will certainly be looking out for the follow up.
View all my reviews
Wednesday, 6 July 2011
Review - Posted to death by Dean James
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Confessions of a Corporate Slut by Jacque...
- Review - Widows by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Private by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- Review - Spiral by Koji Suzuki
- Review - Royal Flush by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Fallen Angel by Maggie Wilson
- Review - The Forbidden Vampire, The Inception book...
- Review - Getting Over Edgar by Joan Barfoot
- Review - I Zombie I by Jack Wallen
- Trixie and some books
- A favour please fellow bloggers
- Review - Monster Story by McCarthy Griffin
- Review - Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
- Free books
- Review - Posted to death by Dean James
- Julys pre-loved giveaway is Shattered by various ...
- Junes pre-loved giveaway winner is...................
- Apologies re June Pre-loved comp
- ▼ July (18)
I really enjoyed this too and you can look forward to receiving Faked to Death in due course. :)ReplyDelete