Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
When I started this I was expecting a lot, again with a vampire in it your pretty much sure it is going to be good (if your a vampire fan). It starts pretty quickly establishing the relationship between our main character Hoyt Mac Cionaoith and his brother and the devastating events that turn them against each other.
Hoyt is a sorcerer and his brother is a vampire, turning brothers into enemies. There is much worse to come as Cian is turned by the vampire queen Lilith who is set on destroying our world as we know it and Hoyt has to travel time and the world to get his "army" together to go up against her. The army is made up of the most unlikely allies and the numbers are against them being successful.
This is the first in a series and follows the build up of the greatest battle on earth. It isn't just a war story, it has friendship, love, loss and courage. Initially I didn't think I would rate it as although it started good with the dramatic scene with Hoyt, Lilith and his brother I didn't fancy the way he conjoured his magic (the ryhming of it) however as the book when on it actually became something I liked as part of their ritual.
I now will have to get the second book to find out what happens next as it ends rather gripping and certainly wanting more. This is my first Nora Roberts and certainly wont be my last 4/5 for me.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Confessions of a Corporate Slut by Jacque...
- Review - Widows by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Private by James Patterson and Maxine Pae...
- Review - Spiral by Koji Suzuki
- Review - Royal Flush by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Fallen Angel by Maggie Wilson
- Review - The Forbidden Vampire, The Inception book...
- Review - Getting Over Edgar by Joan Barfoot
- Review - I Zombie I by Jack Wallen
- Trixie and some books
- A favour please fellow bloggers
- Review - Monster Story by McCarthy Griffin
- Review - Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
- Free books
- Review - Posted to death by Dean James
- Julys pre-loved giveaway is Shattered by various ...
- Junes pre-loved giveaway winner is...................
- Apologies re June Pre-loved comp
- ▼ July (18)