I really, really had wanted to love this book but it just wasn't anything near what I hoped it would be. The story starts with Katherine Freeman and introducing her life as it is and her parents and husband. What she does and loves and her relationship with her husband. It moves between that and her father, his life and relationships and then her mother. Every now and then its the husband and child.
There wasn't any big pull in the story, after a while we have some excitement when she longs for something that could ruin her whole family life and spill over into her fathers. There is also a revelation with a secret her father has had and the potential for the story to erupt but it didn't come. I thought the slow buildup and link to the family was due to a big plot that was just taking a while to get into but sadly it wasn't to be.
The book is fairly easy to read but I didn't connect with any of the characters and felt it was lacking although the potential I felt was there. Only a 2/5 for me.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (180)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- June Pre-loved giveaway is Empress Orchid by Anche...
- Mays pre-loved giveaway winner is............
- Review - Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
- Review - Tough Love by Kerry Katona
- Review - The Whole Wide Beauty by Emily Woof
- Mays Pre loved giveaway just an FYI - please read
- Review Zombicorns by John Green (ebook)
- Review - Hot Blood And Cold Ashes by Jude Atkins
- Review - The Fight Of Our Lives by William J. Benn...
- Review - The Burning Wire by Jeffery Deaver
- Review - Diary In The Attic by Cindy L. Freeman
- Get caught reading!
- Review- Holding On To Heaven by Keta Diablo
- Review - Belle by Lesley Pearse
- Review - Before I Say Goodbye by Mary Higgins Clar...
- Have your read more than 6 of these books? ......
- 30 day book challenge day 16
- May Pre-loved giveaway is Promise Me by Harlan Cob...
- Review Promise Me by Harlan Coben
- Aprils pre-loved giveaway winner is..................
- 30 day book challenge - day 15
- ▼ May (21)