Synopsis from amazon.co.uk
When the blazing fires of revolt ravage the countryside, Lauren and Sage McCain are trapped amid the flames of destiny. The Civil War has crumbled a Nation, and the Dakota Sioux uprising has turned southern Minnesota into a violent battlefield.
Holding on to Heaven is a story of love between two men and a woman, love between siblings, and love that crosses all boundaries and forges all cultures.
When I picked this book and it was offered as erotic fiction I wasn't too sure what to expect, certainly a lot of sex and not too much else if I am honest. I could not have been more wrong! Yes there are scenes of passion (which some might find graphic) but there is so much more to this story.
The characters are introduced so well you immediately bond with them (you might not like every one of them) but you can identify with them if nothing else. The main character is Lauren and we follow her life from birth to present day and everything it brings with it.
From love and first attraction, to war, murder and depravity. Family reunions, devotion and the heartache and love that goes with it. I read this in one sitting, I did not want to put it down as I was dying to find out what happened to just about every character.
This is my first time reading this author and I will certainly be going back for more. I was entertained, kept on the edge of my seat and really enjoyed just about every aspect of this book. The only draw back for me was when it ended, I wanted it to keep going and I think that is just about the biggest compliment you can get for a story. 5/5 for me.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2023 (64)
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- June Pre-loved giveaway is Empress Orchid by Anche...
- Mays pre-loved giveaway winner is............
- Review - Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
- Review - Tough Love by Kerry Katona
- Review - The Whole Wide Beauty by Emily Woof
- Mays Pre loved giveaway just an FYI - please read
- Review Zombicorns by John Green (ebook)
- Review - Hot Blood And Cold Ashes by Jude Atkins
- Review - The Fight Of Our Lives by William J. Benn...
- Review - The Burning Wire by Jeffery Deaver
- Review - Diary In The Attic by Cindy L. Freeman
- Get caught reading!
- Review- Holding On To Heaven by Keta Diablo
- Review - Belle by Lesley Pearse
- Review - Before I Say Goodbye by Mary Higgins Clark
- Have your read more than 6 of these books? ......
- 30 day book challenge day 16
- May Pre-loved giveaway is Promise Me by Harlan Cob...
- Review Promise Me by Harlan Coben
- Aprils pre-loved giveaway winner is..................
- 30 day book challenge - day 15
- ▼ May (21)