In The Fight Of Our Lives, William J. Bennett and Seth Leibsohn examine the devolution of American's post-9/11 tenacity and how this country's well-meaning culture or religious tolerance, coupled with soft anf apologetic leadership, has placed us squarely in the pocket of radical Islamists who have made clear their intention to obliterate everything we value.
My thoughts - For me this book was not an easy read! I am by no means up to date on politics and to be honest never have been so I found a lot of it I had to google just to understand the references and context. There is a fair of the book I found interesting and was amazed at how strongly these two feel in regards to the President(and his views/promises pre election) and the attitudes of the American people towards terrorists and how terminology is carefully applied whereas the authors want to call it as they see it (terror = terrorist).
This for me is a controvertial book as I feel it will definately upset some people whilst others will no doubt agree with the authors. I would recommend it to others as it is certainly a subject worth reading/debating about. (3 of 5 rating on here as I found it ok, ok rating is a 2 on other sites).
I was given this book by booksneeze (bloggers review program), I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2020 (83)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- June Pre-loved giveaway is Empress Orchid by Anche...
- Mays pre-loved giveaway winner is............
- Review - Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
- Review - Tough Love by Kerry Katona
- Review - The Whole Wide Beauty by Emily Woof
- Mays Pre loved giveaway just an FYI - please read
- Review Zombicorns by John Green (ebook)
- Review - Hot Blood And Cold Ashes by Jude Atkins
- Review - The Fight Of Our Lives by William J. Benn...
- Review - The Burning Wire by Jeffery Deaver
- Review - Diary In The Attic by Cindy L. Freeman
- Get caught reading!
- Review- Holding On To Heaven by Keta Diablo
- Review - Belle by Lesley Pearse
- Review - Before I Say Goodbye by Mary Higgins Clark
- Have your read more than 6 of these books? ......
- 30 day book challenge day 16
- May Pre-loved giveaway is Promise Me by Harlan Cob...
- Review Promise Me by Harlan Coben
- Aprils pre-loved giveaway winner is..................
- 30 day book challenge - day 15
- ▼ May (21)