Blurb taken from the back cover
At the end of a long, hard day bettling Los Angeles traffic, bike messenger Jace Damon is called on to make a pick-up from the office of sleazy defence attorneyLeonard Lowell. Jace is tired, and needs to get home to check up on his little brother who he's single handedly bringing up. He makes the collection, but the delivery adress turns out to be a vacant lot, a car tries to run him down, and Jace only just escapes. He returns to the attorney's office to find that Lowell has been murdered - and Jace is the prime suspect.
Jace is forced to elude both the police and the men who want him dead whilst he attempts to find evidence to clear his name. And he must keep his brother safe from someone who is prepare to kill...
My review - It starts off at a fairly good pace and the action is well on the way within the first few chapters which is always a good start. I didn't warm to the characters immediately but the story had me hooked enough to keep with it. Once the plot thickens and the characters are explored a wee it more they become either more likeable or you hate them more. Jace annoyed me somewhat, maybe it was because he is a young character and this reflects his actions but I just wanted to shout NO don't do that you need to do this which is usually a good indictaor your enjoying the book which is the whole point really. There is a lot of bad language through out the book and fitting to some of the characters. The last quarter of the book is brilliant resulting in not being able to put it down so you can find out what is going to happen and then a few unexpected suprises thrown in.
4/5 for me, I quite enjoyed it.
- ► 2014 (68)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)