Basically I hate taking books abroad as the heat wrecks them as does getting banged about in the case and with weight restrictions I have to leave them behind. This upsets me as your not guarenteed it wont be binned. So I was going to buy a cheap e-reader a friend posted a fab link for the cheapest one in Makro on RISI) but noone had a card for there. I searched the net for ages as I think the price of a Kindle for just to use abroad is just a bit much so I searched and searched for a cheapo option.
O/h said if I was spending £40 or £50 I am aswell to get a decent one but again I think that is a lot to use purely on holiday. Anyway long story short he halfed me for it and I am now testing it out to make sure it works as holiday is about 6 weeks time.
I am happy I wont have to leave any books behind (I will still buy some as their Target shop has great books for cheap) and I must say I am impressed with the pictures however it couldn't ever replace my proper books. I will certainly take advantage of the freebies for it but my first love shall always be the treebook.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2016 (68)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)