Sadly this isn't available in print yet but people are showing their loyalty and love of Lindas work by downloading it and reading it on their PC(or kindles/e-readers/blackberrys etc). I am not a fan at all of any electronic reading device as nothing cuts it for me over the paper book in your hand. However I am showing my support for a great author and for £1.90 you really can't complain. So why not try something new and help get her to no.1
HOUSE OF SILENCE is now available to buy on Amazon for Kindle (£1.90.) Go people!!! Buy it, read it and *please review it on Amazon* because Amazon reviews (and the price) are what make e-book buyers click.
"My friends describe me as frighteningly sensible, not at all the sort of woman who would fall for an actor. And his home. And his family."
Orphaned by drink, drugs and rock n’ roll, Gwen Rowland is invited to spend Christmas at her boyfriend Alfie's family home, Creake Hall - a ramshackle Tudor manor in Norfolk. She's excited about the prospect of a proper holiday with a proper family, but soon after she arrives, Gwen senses something isn't quite right. Alfie acts strangely toward his family and is reluctant to talk about the past. His mother, a celebrated children's author, keeps to her room, living in a twilight world, unable to distinguish between past and present, fact and fiction. And then there's the enigma of an old family photograph...
When Gwen discovers fragments of forgotten family letters sewn into an old patchwork quilt, she starts to piece together the jigsaw of the past and realises there's more to the family history than she's been told. It seems there are things people don’t want her to know.
And one of those people is Alfie…
Praise for Linda's fourth novel HOUSE OF SILENCE…
"Linda Gillard is a great favourite of us here at Bookbag because she writes intelligent fiction. It's the sort that you read and enjoy and then go back to the beginning and read again to find our how she did it. They're always brilliant reads and tremendous value.
HOUSE OF SILENCE is like life: it doesn't work out quite the way you expect and it's only when you look back afterwards that you understand why.
The book is intricately plotted, with some great characters who stay with you long after you've finished reading. I've surprised myself by being just a little bit in love with one of them - but I'm not going to tell you who!
Linda Gillard makes the writing of a book appear effortless, but believe me, plots like this require real talent (and perhaps a little bit of blood, sweat and tears)."
“A story layered deep in pretence and secrecy, HOUSE OF SILENCE provides readers with the puzzle-solving pleasure of golden age detective fiction, complete with letter fragments from the past and the gothic backdrop of Creake Hall. The writing is sharp and crisp, with an edge of dark humour. Unwinding through the narrative like a chain is the hold that the dead have upon the living. I loved it.”
ROSY THORNTON (The Tapestry of Love)
"A totally engaging read, full of warmth and perception.”
VICTORIA CONNELLY (A Weekend with Mr Darcy)
Praise for Linda Gillard’s other novels…
“Haunting, lyrical and intriguing.”
ISLA DEWAR (Keeping up with Magda)
“I can heartily recommend Linda Gillard… Excellent.”
ADELE GERAS (Facing the Light)
“The emotional power in these novels makes this reviewer reflect on how Charlotte and Emily Bronte might have written if they were living and writing now.”
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (85)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)