I was browsing through the blogs on here and came across one called Murder by 4. A blog that interviews authors and the most recent was Raff Ellis. After reading a lot of reviews on here and discovering so many authors I have never heard of what makes this one stand out? The authors story of how he sells books "one at a time" He carries a business card and passes it out on his travels. It was the story of one older lady he met on a plane, how he took the time to chat with her, mentioned his book and gave her his card. His book was in his case already checked in and he thought that would be the end of it. A month later he gets a letter from the lady saying she bought his book and loved it. This lady will now have a story to tell everytime she talks about her book and some free publicity for the author but how nice is it to have an author take time out and promote his book on a one to one basis like that!
Wether it is the kind of genre I would read or not I will give it a go because I like the way he does his promotion!
I found the interview here http://murderby4.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-do-we-sell-books-one-at-time.html and there is a listing of authors upcoming chats too. I just thought it was nice and would share.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (84)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)