The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Blurb from Goodreads
Two is trapped: hooked on heroin, held as property, forced to sell her body to feed the addiction. Time brings her ever closer to what seems an inevitable death and Two waits, uncaring, longing only for the next fix.
That’s when Theroen arrives, beckoning to his Ferrari and grinning his inscrutable grin. He is handsome. Confident. Eager to help lift her out of the life that’s grinding her down.
The only problem? Theroen is a vampire.
His blood can cure her addiction, grant her powers she has never had, change her forever into something greater than she was. But when he sinks his teeth into her neck, Theroen also thrusts Two into a world of danger, violence, madness and despair. The powerful, twisted elder Abraham will use her arrival to shatter the uneasy peace that exists in his mansion, bringing an end to the dark game he has been playing for centuries.
This is my second time reading this (I wanted a recap as I am going to read the second installment) and it was just as good as the first time if not better.
Two is a prostitute kept in her profession by her vicious pimp Darren and her addiction of heroin. Along comes a client who will completely change her life and living as she knows it. What follows is a tale of love, blood, frienship, sex and distruction.
The story is very different from most of the vampire tales I have read in the way the vampires are with each other, how they turn, how it lasts, the families interactions and how they "bond" with each other. It is a story of love, a very unlikely friendship, retribution, revenge and mostly one young girls journey through what can only be called an unbelieveable rollercoaster.
The story has a great pace, the writing is very easy reading and the story is very simple to follow. There are a few good twists in it and the only thing I would caution readers o is some of the scenes are a bit graphic but most vampire/gore lovers know to expect some aspect of this in this type of book. I loved it both times so it is another 5/5 for me.
*This book is free as an ebook on Amazon or you can buy a print copy there too*
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2020 (83)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - One Voice Too Many by Paul Martin Midden
- Review - I Am Scrooge, A Zombie Story For Christma...
- Author Interview with David A. Koop
- Review - Double Dead by Chuck Wendig
- Review - Cancer It's A Good Thing I Got It! by Dav...
- Review - Coffee At Little Angels by Nadine Rose La...
- Competitions winners are..........................
- Wish I Was Here for me is...................
- Review - All I Want For Christmas Is You by Lisa M...
- Review - Counter Camouflage by Bojan Miladinovic
- Kindle Cover giveaway
- Review - We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shr...
- Author Interview & Giveaway with Jacqueline Gum, C...
- Review - Shadows And Fire by Jennifer Fales
- Review - Blood Hunt by Christopher Buecheler
- Winner of Author Giveaway - Paradox:The Angels Are...
- Review - The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buech...
- Decembers Pre-loved giveaway is If I Should Die Be...
- Novembers Pre-loved Giveaway winner is.............
- ▼ December (19)