Private by James Patterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blurb from goodreads
Former Marine and CIA agent Jack Morgan inherits his father's renowned security and detective business--along with a case load that tests him to the breaking point. Getting to the bottom of an NFL gambling scandal and an unsolved LAPD investigation into 18 school girl slayings would be enough. On top of all that, Morgan takes on solving the horrific murder of his best friend's wife.
As Morgan fights the urge to exact brutal revenge on that killer, he has to navigate a workplace imbroglio that could blow the roof off his elite agency. And it's an especially explosive situation . . . because the love affair is his own.
As with all James Patterson the blurb from the back page draws you in and the story starts off well enough and grabs your attention. However there was so much going on and with so many characters it was hard to remember who was who and what their part was. It is fair to say it was busy, almost like 2 or 3 stories wrapped into one which isn't necessarily a bad thing but for me it was too much.
I found myself getting a bit lost and often wondering what the relevance was to what I had just read in relation to the story. A lot of the characters are quite unlikeable and even annoying to a point. Certainly not his best but a quick read none the less so a 3/5 for me.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (135)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Confessions of a Corporate Slut by Jacque...
- Review - Widows by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Private by James Patterson and Maxine Pae...
- Review - Spiral by Koji Suzuki
- Review - Royal Flush by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Fallen Angel by Maggie Wilson
- Review - The Forbidden Vampire, The Inception book...
- Review - Getting Over Edgar by Joan Barfoot
- Review - I Zombie I by Jack Wallen
- Trixie and some books
- A favour please fellow bloggers
- Review - Monster Story by McCarthy Griffin
- Review - Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
- Free books
- Review - Posted to death by Dean James
- Julys pre-loved giveaway is Shattered by various ...
- Junes pre-loved giveaway winner is...................
- Apologies re June Pre-loved comp
- ▼ July (18)