Fallen Angel by Maggie Wilson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Blurb from goodreads
Sister Cate Carter has been working at Westwood General Hospital for many years and always loved her job. Until the world according to Cate came crashing down when two detectives marched on to her ward. Ward 73 gave them cause for suspicion, more and more deaths were occurring with no reasonable explanation of why. This had happened before, not at Westwood General, not recently, but it had happened. David Waters, a name very well known in the medical world, was being brought up again. David was responsible for the deaths of seven patients, at least that s all they could get him for. He claimed he just wanted to put his patients out of their misery. Is this a copy-cat murderer? Or is there really another David Waters killing their patients and getting away with it?
The book kicks off fairly quickly, going over the murders years ago of David Waters and then to present day. Someone strikes at Westwood General and takes patients down with no apparent link in how they choose or when they will attack again. DS Charlie Hammond is on the case and conducting interviews and making the lives hell of the staff trying to find his killer.
I liked the pace, it wasn't rushing to the end whilst not keeping you hanging around forever. I didn't like the detectives switching from inappropriate behaviour towards the object of his affections during such a massive scaled investiagtion, to hardcore cop. And his arrogance irritated me but then there where sides to his character I could tolerate and almost like. The same goes for Sister Carter, sometimes she seemed like someone you could relate to then she would behave in a way that had the character been infront of you, you would have been hard pushed not to have slapped her.
The story is told simplistically enough that even if you have no medical background or knowledge you can follow it perfectly well as the author takes you through the explanations in plain english. I got a little confused right at the end and had to re read it to see what had happened but it had a very good twist and I will be looking out for no.2, 4/5 for me.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Confessions of a Corporate Slut by Jacque...
- Review - Widows by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Private by James Patterson and Maxine Pae...
- Review - Spiral by Koji Suzuki
- Review - Royal Flush by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Fallen Angel by Maggie Wilson
- Review - The Forbidden Vampire, The Inception book...
- Review - Getting Over Edgar by Joan Barfoot
- Review - I Zombie I by Jack Wallen
- Trixie and some books
- A favour please fellow bloggers
- Review - Monster Story by McCarthy Griffin
- Review - Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
- Free books
- Review - Posted to death by Dean James
- Julys pre-loved giveaway is Shattered by various ...
- Junes pre-loved giveaway winner is...................
- Apologies re June Pre-loved comp
- ▼ July (18)