Synopsis from the back cover
Dolls - red or black, capsules or tablets, washed down with vidka or swallowed straight. For Anne, Neely and Jennifer, it doesn't matter as long as the pill bottle is within reach. These three beautiful women become best friends when they are young and idealistic and struggling at the bottom of the ladder of the entertainment industry.
By the time they reach the top, they discover there's no place left to go but down - into the Valley of the Dolls.
LOVED IT! Introducing Anne and her humble beginnings and the blossoming friendship between herself and the starlets Neely and Jennifer. The story goes off pretty much in each chapter in depths into each character and their lives to present. We start off with fairly ordinary girls, each trying to get what they want out of life and their trials and experiences getting there.
Then introducing the dolls and how they play a part in each characters life.
I initially liked Anne, Neely and Jennifer but as the story went on and the choices they went with I found myself annoyed and frustrated with each character for different reasons. By the end of the book I dont know who I disliked more Neely or Anne. One for the bitchiness and the other for pretty much being a doormat although I understand it was a different time but still!
Regardless of how, at some points, some of the characters annoyed me I did totally love this book. I loved the easy way it was written and how the characters where portrayed and even though in some parts you hated how they behaved you could still related to them in one sense or another.
5 out of 5 for me.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (152)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- June Pre-loved giveaway is Empress Orchid by Anche...
- Mays pre-loved giveaway winner is............
- Review - Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann
- Review - Tough Love by Kerry Katona
- Review - The Whole Wide Beauty by Emily Woof
- Mays Pre loved giveaway just an FYI - please read
- Review Zombicorns by John Green (ebook)
- Review - Hot Blood And Cold Ashes by Jude Atkins
- Review - The Fight Of Our Lives by William J. Benn...
- Review - The Burning Wire by Jeffery Deaver
- Review - Diary In The Attic by Cindy L. Freeman
- Get caught reading!
- Review- Holding On To Heaven by Keta Diablo
- Review - Belle by Lesley Pearse
- Review - Before I Say Goodbye by Mary Higgins Clar...
- Have your read more than 6 of these books? ......
- 30 day book challenge day 16
- May Pre-loved giveaway is Promise Me by Harlan Cob...
- Review Promise Me by Harlan Coben
- Aprils pre-loved giveaway winner is..................
- 30 day book challenge - day 15
- ▼ May (21)