THE SILENT PATIENT by Alex Michaelides is OUT TODAY, happy publication day Alex.
Published in Hardback by Orion on 7th February 2019, price £12.99 CLICK HERE
Alicia lives a life most dream of. She lives in a house in one of the most desirable areas of London. She is a famous painter, and her husband, Gabriel, is an in-demand fashion photographer. Her life is perfect.
That is, until one evening when Gabriel returns late from a fashion shoot and Alicia shoots him five times and then never speaks another word.
Theo Faber, a forensic psychotherapist, has been consumed with the case for five years, and is the only person able to unravel the mystery of why.
The Silent Patient is a heart-stopping debut thriller about a woman's brutal and random act of violence against her husband - and the man obsessed with discovering why.
Praise for The Silent Patient:
‘The Silent Patient sneaks up on you like a slash of intimidating shadow on a badly lit street. Michaelides has crafted a totally original, spellbinding psychological mystery so quirky, so unique that it should have its own genre. I read it in two nights and savoured every luscious word, every grim encounter, every startling twist. The pages will burn with the friction from your hands turning them’ – DAVID BALDACCI
‘There are books with twists and then there is THIS BOOK. Wow. Brilliant pacing, the definition of a page turner, its tone and readability reminded me of The Girl On The Train in parts. But that twist comes as hard and fast as a slap across the face. Loved it.’- JOHN MARRS
‘That rarest of beasts: the perfect thriller. This extraordinary novel set my blood fizzing - I quite literally couldn't put it down. I told myself I'd just dip in; eleven hours later - it's now 5.47 AM - I've finished it, absolutely dazzled’ – A. J. FINN, bestselling author of The Woman in the Window
‘Smart, sophisticated suspense’ - LEE CHILD
‘Alex Michaelides has written one of the best psychological thrillers I have ever read. The Silent Patient is a swarming, paranoid nightmare of a novel with an ending that is destined to go down as one of the most shocking, mind-blowing twists in recent memory’ – BLAKE CROUCH, author of the New York Times bestseller Dark Matter
‘An excellent, slow-burning psychological thriller; sharp, clever and with a whammy that genuinely took me by surprise (it takes a lot to do this). Kudos to the author. More, please’ – JOANNE HARRIS, bestselling author of Chocolat
'Just one more chapter. Just one more. Then I'll stop.' Once you pick up The Silent Patient, this will be what you'll say to yourself, until you give in and keep reading until the blindsiding and brilliantly clever conclusion - no matter how good a sleuth you are, you aren't going to see it coming’
– EMILY KOCH, author of If I Die Before I Wake
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Alex Michaelides was born in Cyprus in 1977. He wrote the film The Devil You Know starring Rosamund Pike and co-wrote The Brits are Coming, starring Uma Thurman, Tim Roth, Stephen Fry, Parker Posey and Sofia Vergara. The Silent Patient is first novel. He was inspired to write it while doing a post graduate course in psychotherapy and working part-time at a secure psychiatric unit for two years. Brad Pitt's Plan B are developing the film of The Silent Patient: they have won Best Film Oscars for The Departed and 12 Years a Slave.
More Competitions available at
- Say You're Sorry by Karen Rose Blog Tour
- The Mum Who Got Her Life Back by Fiona Gibson Blog...
- Death Before Coffee by Desmond P Ryan Blog Tour
- The Nightmare Girl by Jonathan Janz Blog Tour
- Sea Babies by Tracey Scott-Townsend Blog Tour
- Dead Memories by Angela Marsons
- The Lion Tamer Who Lost by Louise Beech
- Twisted by Steve Cavanagh
- Hard Pushed by Leah Hazard
- The Sting by Kimberley Chambers
- The Haunting of Henderson Close by Catherine Caven...
- Senseless by Anna Lickley Blog Tour
- Inborn by Thomas Enger Blog Tour
- Stalker by Lars Kepler Blog Tour
- February's Giveaway is now live
- Lover Eternal by J R Ward
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Kimberley Chambers and Anna Smith book event at Wa...
- The Shy Nurse's Christmas Wish by Abigail Gordon
- Apple of my Eye by Claire Allan Blog Tour
- Random by Craig Robertson
- ▼ February (21)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)