I accidentally stumbled along to this launch, I had booked tickets for another launch and was explaining to my friend the place looked set up for an event. A lady on the stairs said it is my book launch, feel free to come and join us which I thought was lovely. Turns out, I had actually been speaking to this author with another book lover on Instagram and hadn't recognised her or remembered the event I had commented on.
This was another book launch that was really busy for a debut. Victoria had clearly went to a lot of effort, little bottles of coke for people to take away with a wee tag, badge and straw. Cupcakes with personalised pictures of the books front cover (I absolutely love wee personal touches like this). She supplied wine, soft drinks and water which is always well appreciated by people who come out to these events. Something as little as water available is greatly appreciated, when authors go that bit further and bring their family and friends, it just makes the evening really special, well I think so anyway.
The author did a few small readings from the book, this is the first time I have experienced this, normally the author reads a chunk from one part of the book however it is always good to catch snippets and see different styles. I haven't read this book but I would be interested in hearing how it plays out.
I would certainly go to another event with this author and will keep an eye out for her book and wish her all the luck in the future.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2023 (83)
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- Book Launch - Talk Of The Toun by Helen MacKinven
- The Ice Twins by S K Tremayne
- Shafted by Mandasue Heller
- Surviving The Evacuation - London by Frank Tayell
- Talk of the Toun by Helen MacKinven
- The Stand by Stephen King
- Octobers giveaway is a signed copy of Dying For Ch...
- Goddess of Revenge by Jackie Collins
- Book Launch - Follow me by Victoria Gemmell
- Penance by Theresa Talbot book launch
- After You by Jojo Moyes
- Water Angels by Mons Kallentoft
- ▼ October (12)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)