Firstly my fab husband said I could have anything I wanted today, he was buying (all I could think was Waterstones) so I ended up getting pjs, a wee dress for our coming holiday and books of course. This is a big deal as hubby always moans I have too many, and I have the kindle plus all the books that come in from review requests. Below is the books I got
Tania Carver is a new author for me so I got the first two books in the series, below is the blurb for the first one:
A shocking double-murder scene greets Detective Inspector Philip Brennan when he is called to a flat in Colchester. Two women are viciously cut open and laying spreadeagled, one tied to the bed, one on the floor. The woman on the bed has had her stomach cut into and her unborn child is missing. But this is the third time Phil and his team have seen such an atrocity. Two other pregnant women have been killed in this way and their babies taken from them. No-one can imagine what sort of person would want to commit such evil acts. When psychologist Marina Esposito is brought in, Phil has to put aside his feelings about their shared past and get on with the job. But can they find the killer before another woman is targeted?
And Simon Kernick I have read before although I picked them more for hubby than me.
The second fab book part of today is I have been picked as a World Book Night Giver and I got my first choice :D Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I am so delighted and this will be my first time taking part. I plan on passing out 1 or 2 on here and distributing the rest at work.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2020 (95)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- Review - The Surrogate by Tania Carver
- A.R.C Lost Angel by Mandasue Heller
- A.R.R - Fire Baptized by Kenya Wright
- New Search Function
- Review - Blue Monday by Nicci French
- Great Book Day :D
- Review - The Christian Zombie Killers Handbook by ...
- Valentines Competition Winner is.....................
- Review - Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- Review - Kiss & Die by Lee Weeks
- Valentines Competition
- Review - Freaks by Tess Gerritsen (free ebook)
- 25% off unique gifts for book lovers!
- A.R.R - The O'Leary Enigma by Bob Purcell
- Review - Lose Weight Without Dieting by David Nord...
- A.R.R - Shereen Travels Cheap by Shereen Rayle
- A.R.R - Questing For Uberjoy by Konrad Ventana
- WHSmith Review - The Story Of Beautiful Girl by Ra...
- February's Pre-loved giveaway is The Woman In Blac...
- January's competition winners are....................
- ▼ February (20)