8: The Previously Untold Story of the Previously Unknown 8th Dwarf by Michael Mullin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Blurb from goodreads
Written in verse, this is the previously untold story of the previously unknown 8th dwarf, named Creepy. He is banished to the basement for being different and, well, weird. Yet he plays a vital - and of course previously unknown - role in the popular tale of Snow White (whose title character is an intruder Creepy refers to as "the Maid")
I was so intrigued by the blurb I bumped this up my review list (naughty I know!) but I couldn't help myself - everyone knows the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs so to get a new character sneaked in sounded too good to miss.
It is a very short story (I got through it in less than 20 minutes however I am a very quick reader) and I loved it. It has been a long time since I read anything in verse (and rhymes too!) so it was a lovely light hearted change to what I have been reading. There are also pictures throughout the story too, nothing too fancy or over the top but nice and fitting to the part your reading.
If it is so good why is it only getting a 4 star rating you ask? Well I wanted more, pure and simple which they say a good author should leave his or her audience wanting however I would have also liked a few more new additives to the story but I still really really liked it.
You can get this ebook on smashwords for $0.99 or on Amazon for £0.86 - well worth it for 4/5 stars
Thank you to the author for giving me the chance to read and review this and I will be keeping an eye out for more :D
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (86)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Calling all zombie/vampire fans
- Review - Laughing At Wall Street by Chris Camillo ...
- Review - While I'm Still Me by Jeremy Mark Lane
- Review - Slaughterhouse Heart by Afsaneh Knight
- Author Interview with Ron Wyn, Author Of Irregular...
- Review - The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo
- Changing the look
- Follow Friday
- Review - Twenty Tiny Tales by Willie Wit
- Review - The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
- Author Interview with Patti Roberts, author of Pa...
- Review - Paradox: The Angels Are Here by Patti Rob...
- Review - Rise Again : A Zombie Thriller by Ben Tripp
- Review - Jokers Club by Gregory Bastianelli
- Review - 11.22.63 by Stephen King
- Review - The Vagabond King by James Conway
- Review - The Passage by Justin Cronin
- Review - My Sweet Saga by Brett Sills
- Review Spin by Catherine McKenzie
- Unique gifts for book lovers
- Review - Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- I won a book and I now have a blog button
- Novembers Pre-loved Giveaway is Runaway Minister b...
- Review - 8 by Michael Mullin
- Review - Irregular Therapy by Ron Wyn
- The Time Will Come
- Octobers Pre-loved giveaway winner is................
- Review - The Spectacular Simon Burchwood by Scott ...
- ▼ November (28)