Irregular Therapy by Ron Wyn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blurb from Goodreads
irregular therapy is a raw, ribald, cautionary tale of what could be anyone's roller coaster ride to a new life. Powerfully honest and unblinking, the author describes his healing journey without glossing over the troubling bits. His despair over repeating the same mistakes time and again led him to powerful techniques and practices for de-patterning his life that turned out to be simpler than he could have imagined, and which anyone can learn. It was tough at first, but it got easier as he went along, and the result was transforming: from anger to understanding, from rejection to acceptance and, yes, from bedmates to a soul mate
Well I think if I had to sum the book up in one word I would use whirlwind! Ron takes you on a journey from his birth practically to present day. From discovering masterbation and girls to money woes and family troubles and how he found a way of dealing with it all.
The book does have chapters but it also has like chapters inside chapters or rather chapters split into different segments within a chapter. I think whilst this is different it is certainly a good idea as some of the book makes for difficult reading (for example a pre-teen boy discovering masterbation was not easy to read) and you have to dip in and out of it.
The other thing I would warn potential readers on (and the author does mention it right at the very start of the book) is the terminology used towards several of the women in his chapters such as whore and bitch which may offend some readers.
Other than that I think the only thing I can add is it is a brutal account of one persons life and failings and accomplishments with relationships and he really does strip it down and lay it out bare. He gives an honest and gruelling account of his life and relationships and his way of getting to where he is and the person he is today, 3/5 for me and thanks to the author for sending me his book to review.
You can purchase this book for £9.99 (inc delivery) on Amazon or £7.15 for the kindle
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (111)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Calling all zombie/vampire fans
- Review - Laughing At Wall Street by Chris Camillo ...
- Review - While I'm Still Me by Jeremy Mark Lane
- Review - Slaughterhouse Heart by Afsaneh Knight
- Author Interview with Ron Wyn, Author Of Irregular...
- Review - The Redbreast by Jo Nesbo
- Changing the look
- Follow Friday
- Review - Twenty Tiny Tales by Willie Wit
- Review - The Reader by Bernhard Schlink
- Author Interview with Patti Roberts, author of Pa...
- Review - Paradox: The Angels Are Here by Patti Rob...
- Review - Rise Again : A Zombie Thriller by Ben Tri...
- Review - Jokers Club by Gregory Bastianelli
- Review - 11.22.63 by Stephen King
- Review - The Vagabond King by James Conway
- Review - The Passage by Justin Cronin
- Review - My Sweet Saga by Brett Sills
- Review Spin by Catherine McKenzie
- Unique gifts for book lovers
- Review - Still Alice by Lisa Genova
- I won a book and I now have a blog button
- Novembers Pre-loved Giveaway is Runaway Minister b...
- Review - 8 by Michael Mullin
- Review - Irregular Therapy by Ron Wyn
- The Time Will Come
- Octobers Pre-loved giveaway winner is................
- Review - The Spectacular Simon Burchwood by Scott ...
- ▼ November (28)