The Time Will Come #1
The Time Will Come -
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it!
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!
A Lifetime Burning by Linda Gillard.
Blurb From Goodreads
Flora Dunbar is dead. But it isn’t over.
The spectre at Flora’s funeral is Flora herself, unobserved by her grieving family and the four men who loved her.
Looking back over a turbulent lifetime, Flora recalls an eccentric childhood lived in the shadow of her musical twin, Rory; early marriage to Hugh, a handsome clergyman twice her age; motherhood, which brought her Theo, the son she couldn’t love; middle age, when she finally found brief happiness in a scandalous affair with her nephew, Colin...
“There has been much love in this family – some would say too much – and not a little hate. If you asked my sister-in-law, Grace why she hated me, she’d say it was because I seduced her precious firstborn, then tossed him on to the sizeable scrap heap marked ‘Flora’s ex-lovers’. But she’d be lying. That isn’t why Grace hated me. Ask my brother Rory.”
I have most of Lindas books on my tbr, I do this every so often, find an author I like - get all their books and then save them
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (67)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ARC - The First Cut by Ali Knight
- ARC - Dandy Gilver & A Bothersome Number Of Corpse...
- Review - The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy: and O...
- Review - The Beginner's Goodbye by Anne Tyler
- Review - Fifty Shades Freed
- Review - Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
- A.R.R - A Dark Time by Dennis Bradford
- Review - Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
- June's Pre-Loved Giveaway is Children Of The Night...
- Review - Fifty Shades Of Grey by E.L. James
- The Time Will Come #1
- Christopher Brookmyre Waterstones book launch
- Review - Where Has Oprah Taken Us? By Stephen Mans...
- May Pre-loved Giveaway winner is.........
- ▼ June (14)