So happy I went along. The new book is the second in a new series mr Brookmyre is writing, with the 3rd currently being penned. I had been upset after reading his last book (the first of the new series) he had dropped his unique style of un-pc humour in this series, however I am delighted to say he is bringing the funny back. He has a new book (not this new one he was doing the launch for) but a new (hopefully series)sci-fi one with the old humour in toe. Cannot express how happy I am and it has also delighted hubby. He explained why he had changed his style and they had abbreviated his name, read out a few emails from fans (side bustlingly funny) and a few exerts from the new book. He made us laugh quite a bit today and his wife was along to support him, if you haven't seen him before and get a chance you should go along.
Today also saw a mini meet from some of our book group getting together. Sadly some of them couldn't make it so it was just the four of us but we had a fantastic day. Sadly I didn't get a pic of all of the books but here is a wee looky at some of them
This is the 3rd meet up in Glasgow (some have been in Ireland and various places in England) but for 2 of the ladies it was their first ever meet up and they had a good time(I hope) and hoping to do it again weather permitting for Brookmyres book launch in January.
And lastly Christopher signing the book for my hubby
Edited to add, the kitty must have smelt Pennys kitty as she has just knocked my tower of books down whilst investigating!
Thursday, 7 June 2012
Christopher Brookmyre Waterstones book launch
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
More Competitions available at
- ► 2022 (90)
- ► 2021 (110)
- ► 2020 (116)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ARC - The First Cut by Ali Knight
- ARC - Dandy Gilver & A Bothersome Number Of Corpse...
- Review - The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy: and O...
- Review - The Beginner's Goodbye by Anne Tyler
- Review - Fifty Shades Freed
- Review - Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
- A.R.R - A Dark Time by Dennis Bradford
- Review - Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
- June's Pre-Loved Giveaway is Children Of The Night...
- Review - Fifty Shades Of Grey by E.L. James
- The Time Will Come #1
- Christopher Brookmyre Waterstones book launch
- Review - Where Has Oprah Taken Us? By Stephen Mans...
- May Pre-loved Giveaway winner is.........
- ▼ June (14)
Wish I'd been there, so glad it was a success!ReplyDelete
Sounds like a nice event! I've been tempted to join a book group, butstill have not. I know the local library has one.ReplyDelete
Such an amazing book by Christopher Brookmeyer. This book contains a lot of good information. I love it. I apricate your good work. Now it's time to avail FACE CLEANSER for more information.ReplyDelete