Mercy by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blurb from Goodreads
Police chief of a small Massachusetts town, Cameron McDonald makes the toughest arrest of his life when his own cousin Jamie comes to him and confesses outright that he has killed his terminally ill wife out of mercy.
Now, a heated murder trial plunges the town into upheaval, and drives a wedge into a contented marriage: Cameron, aiding the prosecution in their case against Jamie, is suddenly at odds with his devoted wife, Allie -- seduced by the idea of a man so in love with his wife that he'd grant all her wishes, even her wish to end her life. And when an inexplicable attraction leads to a shocking betrayal, Allie faces the hardest questions of the heart: when does love cross the line of moral obligation? And what does it mean to truly love another?
A story with a bit of everything. Murder, love, infidelity, friendships and emotional rollercoasters.
Jamie arrives at his cousins town with his wifes cooling body in the car and openly admits he killed her. What follows is a court case against Jamie and wether or not he was insane or not when he did it. As Jamie hits town so also does Mia, a drifter with her cat who soon finds more than a job and causes feelings and upset in the small town.
To be honest I was quite disappointed by this book. I don't think it has the same heart that her other books I have read do and I had a lot of OMG whys.
The Scottish side (the clan history) of it wasn't great either, I didn't find anything of great pull or interest in it.
I did like the glimpses we got of Jamies life with his wife and their love but I didn't find this book a page turner like the others so it is a 3/5 for me and I am being generous as I felt the ending was pretty flat too.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Zombie Apocalypse by Stephen Jones
- Review - Angels Passing by Graham Hurley
- Review - Legion by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin
- Review - Bleeding hearts by Elise Title
- Review - 61 hours by Lee Child
- So busy week/new acquired books
- Review - The Devil's Garden by Richard Montanari
- Review - Faked To Death by Dean James
- Review - Passenger 13 by Scott Mariani
- Review - Crazy in Paradise by Deborah Brown
- Review - Dodge The Bullet by Christy Hayes
- Review - Flu by Wayne Simmons
- Septembers Pre-loved Giveaway winners are............
- Octobers Pre-loved Giveaway is I am Nujood, Age 10...
- review - Mercy by Jodi Pcioult
- ▼ October (17)