Bleeding Hearts by Elise Title
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blurb from Amazon
When the body of respected psychoanalyst, Melanie Rosen, is found, it seems her murderer knew of her interest in him. When Melanie's sister starts receiving extracts of Melanie's diaries, she is shocked by details of her sister's sex life and is forced to face a truth about their upbringing.
Sarah is the main character and comes into play after her sister is killed at the hands of a sexual serial killer. Soon Sarah is forced to look at her life and the people surrounding her, including her closest friends and the police officer, could the killer really be one of them?
Yet another book where I am tore between a two or a three rating. There is so much going on in this book between the murders, Sarahs own issues with her sister, father, past and now the murder and the threat of her being next. The story itself is quite good and the killer is very smart but there is a huge sexual element to this book and whilst it is relevant in some areas, others I felt it was just not required but maybe put in to either spice the book up or satisfy a different kind of reader. I also felt the dialogue between some of the characters jumped quite a bit and the end of the book whilst it went out witha big finale it could have done with at least one more chapter if not two. However they do say the reader should be left wanting more so in that aspect the author has done her just but I was a bit irked at one or two things so for me 3/5 and I would try another of this authors books.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2020 (83)
- ► 2019 (184)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Zombie Apocalypse by Stephen Jones
- Review - Angels Passing by Graham Hurley
- Review - Legion by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin
- Review - Bleeding hearts by Elise Title
- Review - 61 hours by Lee Child
- So busy week/new acquired books
- Review - The Devil's Garden by Richard Montanari
- Review - Faked To Death by Dean James
- Review - Passenger 13 by Scott Mariani
- Review - Crazy in Paradise by Deborah Brown
- Review - Dodge The Bullet by Christy Hayes
- Review - Flu by Wayne Simmons
- Septembers Pre-loved Giveaway winners are............
- Octobers Pre-loved Giveaway is I am Nujood, Age 10...
- review - Mercy by Jodi Pcioult
- ▼ October (17)