Friday, 22 July 2016
Bad Blood by Julie Shaw Blog Tour
Today is my turn on the Blog Tour for Bad Blood by Julie Shaw, her newest novel which is now available to buy in paperback or kindle edition.
I have had the pleasure of reading this book already, you can read my review here.
Welcome Julie, thanks for stopping by and taking the time out to answer some questions for us.
1. Hi Julie, welcome to So Many Books So Little Time. This is your first Blog Tour if I am correct, how are you finding it?
I am really enjoying it. It’s especially interesting to answer the numerous questions I have been asked as it gets me really thinking about why I write the things I do.
2. I have read one of your books before Bad Blood, your settings are always in lower class gritty scheme settings, what draws you to these and do you think you will ever branch out from them?
I was actually brought up in very similar circumstances to a lot of my characters. By that I mean on the same estates, had very similar friends, and had family members who lived through very difficult circumstances. Since being very young I have tried my hand at all genres, and many different styles of writing, but I’m much more comfortable writing about the grittier, seedier side of life. Will I branch out? Maybe, I don’t know at the moment, but what I do know is that I feel much happier writing about the tougher side of life.
3. The character Lizzie, page 30 had me horrified, without spoiling it for others, how did you manage to come up with her and that scene? Creative genius or tapping into a true event?
Oh dear, unfortunately I have known many Lizzie’s in my time. Her character is an amalgamation of quite a few women I knew over the years. That scene was also easy to write as that was very definitely a true scenario, believe it or not.
4. Who inspires you to write?
Lots of people actually. As a child I would lose myself in any books I could get my hands. A story took me away from everything and I could be anyone and anywhere I wanted to be. If I had to choose an early writer that made me think ‘yes! I want to do this!’ then it would have to be Enid Blyton – I thought she was simply incredible. These days however, my hero is Kimberley Chambers. Her characters are so bad, I just love them! Now she really does tell it like it is!
5. What are your three top favourite books of all time?
I hate this question J I have so many that I love and I always feel horribly guilty about the ones I don’t mention. Also, my answer may surprise you. Okay, so the number one spot has to go to Mr Shakespeare himself with Romeo and Juliet. My first ever tragic love story. I was blown away by it. The number two spot would go to Roots by Alex Haley – another book that helped form my opinion on the world, and last but not least, They Put Me Inside by Tony Grestone – a book I read as a young teenager that really did change me.
6. What is next for Julie Shaw? Do you have another book in the process already?
I have just handed in Blood Sisters, which I’m sure you’ll like if you enjoyed Bad Blood, and I am just about to start writing a sequel to Bad Blood in fact. We don’t have a definite title for it yet, but I’m hoping it will be Sins of the Father. Watch this space J
7. Where can fans find you?
Facebook is simply Julie Shaw, though I also have a page especially relating to my books, and that is Canterbury Warriors. My Twitter is @jueshaw
8. Anything else you would like to add or tell readers about yourself?
I think I have gone on for long enough lol, but I do really appreciate all of my readers and particularly you fantastic bloggers who spread the word. Thanks again J xx
And up for grabs is 1 paperback pre-loved copy of Bad Blood, as always, use the Rafflecopter below to enter, this giveaway will run for 1 week.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (125)
- No Turning Back by Tracy Buchanan
- Kimberley Chambers & Anna Smith author event at Wa...
- The Missing by Chris Mooney
- Lie With Me by Sabine Durrant
- The Fire Child by S K Tremayne
- Willnot by James Sallis
- Bad Blood by Julie Shaw Blog Tour
- Julys Giveaway is a £5 Amazon Voucher
- Blood Wedding by Pierre LeMaitre
- Bad Blood by Julie Shaw - Blog Tour Stop
- Bad Blood by Julie Shaw
- Watching Edie by Camilla Way
- Buy Buy Baby by Helen MacKinven - Blog Tour
- The Caller by M A Comley & Tara Lyons - Blog Tour
- Buy Buy Baby by Helen MacKinven
- The Sleep Room by F R Tallis
- ▼ July (16)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)