So if you follow on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram you will know we took miss paws on her first ever road trip and ticked a few things off her bucket list. Trixie is seventeen, has a lot of health problems and we had to come home on an emergency flight in March as we thought we were going to loose her as she took unwell. I tell you, the trip up north, the country air fair agreed with her. She was up on counters (I haven't seen her do that in years!), actually sprinted three times in one morning and played chasing a light reflection.
She gets really car sick, she was only sick once on the way up and not at all on the drive home. I think the travel cage really seems to help. Look at her wee harness!
I took a fair few books, mostly hardback and my kindle and now catching up with the reviews and prepping blog tours I have agreed to before focusing on work stuff. My foot is getting better and whilst going through intense physio hoping to get back to work soon!
Because I now have the boot off and focusing on the exercises we managed to go a decent walk whilst we were up there. An abandoned building is normally all shut off. This time they have opened a wee path you can walk in to go in so I was delighted to get a wee nosey through it. No miss paws this time and we got caught in the rain but it was so worth it, I love abandoned buildings and whilst we couldn't go inside properly and I certainly couldn't climb anyway I was delighted to get so close.
The sky pictures, if you follow my instagram you will know how much I love them, managed to get a fair few snaps.
We always go up to the tourist shops at John O'Groats and I buy a bookmark, sweets or a book. I saw this and couldn't resist. I used to collect coins as a kid, now it is books/bookmarks and look, a wee wren (I think) on the farthing so I HAD to buy it.
Miss paws is exhausted but I think she had a great trip, I certainly needed a few days away, just some down time, recharge and it is lovely seeing family. I think we will keep up trying to get kitty to see a bit more of the outdoors (she is an indoor cat) as she coped so well out and about. Climbing furniture like a kitten, on the beach and up on her first wall looking like a boss!
So, that has been our adventures, 370 piccys by the way just from the phone - she is the most photographed kitty in the world. Happy 1st of August, I am looking forward to the new shark movie Meg (may even get a chance to re read the book before we see it), it is my birthday this month, I am looking forward to seeing some of my fav humans. Being stuck indoors so much and seeing so little people has been horrific for a gab a minute social butterfly like me. So I am just going to draw the winner for July's comp and I will get August's giveaway prepped and ready to go. Have an amazing August you guys, a fresh new month.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (152)
- Whisky from Small Glasses by Denzil Meyrick
- Q & A with author Cheryl Elaine
- Celebration Flash giveaway
- Wolf Night by Tracey Sinclair
- Saturday at Edinburgh Book Festival
- Day four at Edinburgh Book Festival
- Play Dead by Angela Marsons
- Another wee day at Edinburgh Book Festival
- 11 Missed Calls by Elisabeth Carpenter Blog Tour
- The Rest of Me by Katie Marsh
- The Promise by Katerina Diamond
- Meg by Steve Alten
- My second day at the Edinburgh Book Festival
- The Canary Girls by Rosie Archer
- Creature by Hunter Shea Blog Tour
- Spaghetti Head by Sarah Tyley Blog Tour
- Author events - my first day at the book festival
- First ever book festival - Edinburgh book fest
- Cross by James Patterson
- Working Stiff by Judy Melinek and T J Mitchell
- Faceless by Rob Ashman
- In Bloom by C J Skuse
- Sheltering Rain by Jojo Moyes
- The Break by Marian Keyes
- August giveaway
- Lost girls by Angela Marsons
- Our road trip
- ▼ August (27)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)