Sunday, 12 August 2012
55 book questions
Taken from http://loadedshelves.blogspot.co.uk/ - if you get a chance please check it out
55 Book Questions
Found this on Tumblr :) Feel free to do it yourselves and link me to it in the comments!
1. Favourite childhood book? — It by Stephen King or 4 Seasons by Stephen King.
2. What are you reading right now? — The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen
3. What books do you have on request at the library? — I haven't used the library in years, need to start though
4. Bad book habit? — Buying more than reading
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? — None.
6. Do you have an e-reader? — I have a Kindle.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? — One at a time although if I struggle I will start another rather than give up
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? —I get books from authors and publishers I normally wouldn't look at and have found myself liking and venturing into new genres because of it.
9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)? - an author request one but won't mention it due to hassle I had with the author.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? — Oooh that is too hard as there are a few but I will go with Lost Angel by Mandasue Heller (if you haven't read it, seriously check it out!).
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? — Quite a lot again through review offerings.
12. What is your reading comfort zone? — Horror.
13. Can you read on the bus? — yes, I can read anywhere.
14. Favorite place to read? — Anywhere comfy.
15. What is your policy on book lending? — I will lend to almost anyone bar my friend M, she has lost two books and is a nightmare.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books? — Nope. (thats bending pages right?)
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? — Oh God no.
18. Not even with text books? — ... Nope.
19. What is your favourite language to read in? — English - it is the only one I know (barring slang).
20. What makes you love a book? — I honestly don't know, sometimes a book just grabs you.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? — If I think someone will love it (sometimes I hate a book but know someone who will love it. I also share any I love.
22. Favorite genre? — Horror
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? — Hmm maybe more of the classics.
24. Favourite biography? — I have only read a few but Graham Norton or Sharon Osbourne
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? — I don't think so.
26. Favourite cookbook? — Slowcooker cook book but I don't really use it lol.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? — I honestly don't know.
28. Favorite reading snack? — chocolate!
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. — Not sure.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? — I don't really read official critics tbh I make up my own mind about a book regardless of what people have said about it.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? — I feel bad especially when an author has gifted me the book but I specifically say in my review tab I will always be honest with my reviews which almost every author has respected.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? — French or Italian I think.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? — I don't think I have been intimidated by a book but if it has a lot of big words in it that puts me off.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? — meh see above.
35. Favorite Poet? — I don't have one.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? — None.
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread? — n/a.
38. Favorite fictional character? — too many to choose one.
39. Favourite fictional villain? — Pennywise the clown (does he count, very very scary).
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? — Review books.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading. — A day or two.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. — Oooh it is on my blog, I have only ever gave up on two or three books ever, I hate not finishing a book.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? — my cat.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? — The green mile by Stephen King.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation? — I know a few but can't think just now.
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? — £50
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? — Never.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? — Something really bad to be honest or if it is boring me to death.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? — Ha no you should see the state of my book piles.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? — Both I have great keepers but find myself sharing them out now more.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? — Not really.
52. Name a book that made you angry. — I can't think at the moment but for sure there are plenty.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? — The Cindy Dees ones I just read.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? — Hmm I liked it but not as much as I thought I would was the book thief.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? -Jackie Collins everytime.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2018 (117)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- A.R.R - The Jazz Cage by Ray Chen Smith
- Review - Dawn Of the Dead by George A. Romero (and...
- A.R.R - Through The Door by Jodi McIsaac
- ARC - The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
- WBC - The Submission by Amy Waldman
- A.R.R - Shadows Of The Past by E.A. Jensen
- August's Pre-loved Giveaway is The Melancholy Deat...
- Review - The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen
- 55 book questions
- Review - The Dark Side Of Night by Cindy Dees
- Review - Breathless Encounter by Cindy Dees
- Review - The Pack (#1) by Jason Starr
- R.M.L - Was by Geoff Ryman
- Amazon gift voucher winner is
- ▼ August (14)