Faked To Death by Dean James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Blurb from Amazon
It's Simon's esteemed reputation as an auteur that brings him to the attention of Lady Hermione Kinsale. She needs another speaker for her week-long writers' workshop. But much to Simon's surprise-and chagrin - best selling mystery author Dorinda Darlington appears on the list of attendees. Simon knows first-hand how the reclusive author values her privacy...because Simon is Dorinda. The blatant impersonation has raised his hackles - and Simon's fit to kill. But someone beats him to the punch. "Dorinda" is found dead, flattened by a stone urn pushed from the terrace. Now, cloistered with a killer, Simon tunes his heightened senses to the movements of his fellow authors. And as the workshop develops into a tension convention, Simon grows more determined to take a bite out of crime - before bloody murder claims another victim.
Simon is back and as usual surrounded by the small towns dramas, this time he is invited to a writers workshop at Lady Hermiones abode. Simon finds himself riled as he spots on the guest list none other than Dorinda Darlington (one of his secret author identities) as someone is posing as her. Ignoring his agents advice Simon confronts her and before long her body is found. Will Simon be the prime suspect as this isn't his first dead body? Why was she pretending to be the author of Simons books?
I loved this almost as much as the first one. Simon is his usual funny and witty self and caught up in more small town scandal on a bigger scale this time. What I also liked is Giles is a much better character this time round having grown since our first meeting in Posted To Death.
Wether you have read the first book or not isn't particularly relevant, you could pick this one up as a stand alone however if you can I would read the first book purely because it is a good story, 4/5 for me and I will be pursuing the next book in this series.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2018 (189)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Zombie Apocalypse by Stephen Jones
- Review - Angels Passing by Graham Hurley
- Review - Legion by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin
- Review - Bleeding hearts by Elise Title
- Review - 61 hours by Lee Child
- So busy week/new acquired books
- Review - The Devil's Garden by Richard Montanari
- Review - Faked To Death by Dean James
- Review - Passenger 13 by Scott Mariani
- Review - Crazy in Paradise by Deborah Brown
- Review - Dodge The Bullet by Christy Hayes
- Review - Flu by Wayne Simmons
- Septembers Pre-loved Giveaway winners are............
- Octobers Pre-loved Giveaway is I am Nujood, Age 10...
- review - Mercy by Jodi Pcioult
- ▼ October (17)