The Devil's Garden by Richard Montanari
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Blurb from goodreads
Michael Roman is finally living the life he always dreamed of - he has a successful career, a beautiful wife and adorable twin daughters. But his idyllic life is about to come crashing down around him - because Michael is a man with a past. A rising star in the New York District Attorney-s office and on the cusp of enormous success, Michael-s perfect life begins to unravel when he finds himself the target of a depraved madman, a man who covets everything Michael has and will stop at nothing to take it all away. In a desperate fight to survive, Michael is forced to confront the dark secrets of his past in order to save his family.He must hunt down the psychopath who is targeting his family and, before it is too late, face the devil himself.
To be honest I don't know where to start, I normally love Richard Montanari books but it just didn't happen with this one. Michaels story and background with his family is lovely, sad, tragic but quite gripping. When we are introduced to Alexsander Savisaar, again it is quite intriguing and even mystical beginning and I thought it was a good start. However it got weird and hard to follow the story with Alexsander as I wasn't sure if he was mystical and had powers or just a deluded madman.
There is some good action throughout the story and at times it is a gripping and good story but the weird parts were really weird and I just found it hard to concentrate and follow so sadly it is a 2/5 for me.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Zombie Apocalypse by Stephen Jones
- Review - Angels Passing by Graham Hurley
- Review - Legion by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
- Review - The Next Thing I Knew by John Corwin
- Review - Bleeding hearts by Elise Title
- Review - 61 hours by Lee Child
- So busy week/new acquired books
- Review - The Devil's Garden by Richard Montanari
- Review - Faked To Death by Dean James
- Review - Passenger 13 by Scott Mariani
- Review - Crazy in Paradise by Deborah Brown
- Review - Dodge The Bullet by Christy Hayes
- Review - Flu by Wayne Simmons
- Septembers Pre-loved Giveaway winners are............
- Octobers Pre-loved Giveaway is I am Nujood, Age 10...
- review - Mercy by Jodi Pcioult
- ▼ October (17)