As Good As Dead by Beverly Barton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
If it hadn't been for the way the story came together at the end I would be giving this one a 2/5. The actual story is really good but some of the characters annoyed me so much it was really offputting. Reve is so stuck up and looks down her nose at everyone in the town and sees herself as better than everyone else "because well I am". Her interactions with Jacob the police officer is really frustrating to begin with aswell, more like petty teenagers than adults. Add to that 2 of the characters names are really similar Reba and Veda its really confusing as I kept getting the two mixed up.
However as the story is really good it is enough to keep you hooked to get by the annoying parts. It is decent paced and towards the end I couldn't put it down. I had so many suspects through it but never the right one, like I say the end really made up for all the irks I had through the story and with the characters, 3/5.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (112)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- review - Garden Of Beasts by Jeffrey Deaver
- Review, Outpost by Adam Baker
- Review - I Am Nujood, Age 10 And Divorced by Nujoo...
- Review - Dial 999! by Les Pringle
- Review - Mile 81 by Stephen King
- Review - Crippen by John Boyne (Transworld Book Gr...
- World Book Night 2011 - Top 100 books
- Review - Bring On The Pain by Swift Smith
- Review - As Good As Dead by Beverly Barton
- Review - Treasure Me by Christine Nolfi
- Septembers Pre-loved giveaway is...
- Review - Origins by Steve Alten
- Winner of the 100 Follower giveaway is........
- Review - Legacy by Danielle Steel
- Review - If I should die Before I wake by Michelle...
- August Pre-loved Giveaway and the winner is..........
- Review - Alex Cross's Trial by James Patterson and...
- ▼ September (17)