Blurb from Goodreads
For ex-cop Jack Whalen, it all begins with a visit from a childhood friend, a lawyer who needs Jack's help. The family of a noted scientist has been senselessly, brutally murdered, and the scientist is nowhere to be found.
But Jack has more pressing concerns. The past that drove him from the L.A.P.D. continues to haunt him. And his wife has disappeared during a routine business trip to Seattle. She never checked into her hotel, she isn't answering her cell phone. She is gone.
A third missing person, a little girl in Oregon, is found miles away. But it soon becomes obvious that she is not an innocent victim . . . and far from defenseless.
Something very strange is happening—a perplexing series of troubling events that's leading Jack Whalen into the shadows. And the secrets buried there are unlike anything he, or anyone, could possibly have imagined.
The Intruders by Michael Marshall Smith
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
Jack Whalen is an ex LAPD cop, getting on with life in his own way, until his wife goes missing and everything turns upside down.
A ten year old goes missing although she is more than what she seems and can take care of herself and anything that gets in her way.
The two become tangled with many more people and the story unravels as it progresses.
This book is a mind boggle, it starts really well, a family is brutally murdered with the father being the main suspect but from there it just goes weird. Jack is contacted by an old school friend and it jumps back and forth between Jacks past and present and the other characters place in the here and now. It hints at what was the cause for the family being killed and why Jacks wife went missing and is behaving strangly.
Even after finishing the book there are so many questions and even if I got all the answers I still don't think I would be happy. It was too weird and long drawn out for me so a 2/5 for me.
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2018 (163)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Love you more by Jennifer Grant
- Review - Colorado Abduction by Cassie Miles
- Review - The colour Of Death by Michael Cordy
- 100 followers giveaway (poll up)
- Review - Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg
- Review - Half-Inch by McCarty Griffin
- Review - The Intruders by Michael Marshall
- Review - Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
- review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
- Review - The Lazy Crew by Jon KuCala
- Horrified - diet book aimed at 6 year olds
- Review - Twelve by Jasper Kent (Transworld Book Gr...
- Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
- Review 0 Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Chris Crowe
- Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Just an FYI
- Review - The Living Dead by various authors
- August Pre-Loved Giveaway is From The Dead by Mark...
- Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
- Julys pre-loved giveaway winner is..........
- ▼ August (20)