Colorado Abduction (Christmas at the Carlisles #1) by Cassie Miles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Blurb from Goodreads
A CITY SLICKER LIKE BURKE HAD NO BUSINESS BEING ON HER COLORADO RANCH
But Carolyn Carlisle knew she needed him. Not only was the Carlisle Ranch a target for sabotage just weeks before Christmas, but also her family had been threatened and danger lurked around every corner. Carolyn was used to being in charge, but incredibly sexy FBI agent J. D. Burke had other ideas. He was domineering, stubborn and vowed never to let an assignment turn personal. Still, with the enemy just as elusive as the agent's penetrating gaze, Carolyn secretly hoped Burke would let down his guard and act on their intense chemistry. Even if one amazing night ended up breaking her usually hardened heart.
Well Mills and Boons has changed since I last read them. Carolyns sister in law is kidnapped after an arguement with her brother and the actions starts from there. Before this the range had a deliberate fire and some other property damage, was someone warning them and now took it to another level?
Carolyn is a business woman who is as stubborn as she is head strong but finds herself attracted to the agent in charge.
To be honest the thriller part of the story is really good and I kept reading as I was intrigued to find out what happened. However the old mills and boon attraction crept in and whilst fine in the old books - during a high profile kidnapping would you really be thinking about how the agent would be in bed or him her? That did annoy and put me off a bit but the action of the murders and attacks definately made up for it.
My biggest complaint has to be the unanswered questions. Why the sudden change in the wife, what was said and discussed and more importantly why wasn't the reader kept in the loop? After doing a bit of searching there are another two books to the series so who knows maybe they revisit it in them and give us the answers. Maybe it is a selling point? As this book is free for download from Amazon maybe this is the authors ploy. I don't think I will be buying them though just yet however if they became free or very discount price I would certainly get the next two. 3/5 for me
FREE BOOKS http://www.everyonesreading.com/ I think there are 11 on there
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (111)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Love you more by Jennifer Grant
- Review - Colorado Abduction by Cassie Miles
- Review - The colour Of Death by Michael Cordy
- 100 followers giveaway (poll up)
- Review - Zombie Nights by Tom Lichtenberg
- Review - Half-Inch by McCarty Griffin
- Review - The Intruders by Michael Marshall
- Review - Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
- review - Death Row by Mark Pearson
- Review - The Lazy Crew by Jon KuCala
- Horrified - diet book aimed at 6 year olds
- Review - Twelve by Jasper Kent (Transworld Book Gr...
- Review - Before I Go To Sleep by S J Watson
- Review 0 Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Chris Crowe
- Review - Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
- Just an FYI
- Review - The Living Dead by various authors
- August Pre-Loved Giveaway is From The Dead by Mark...
- Review - From The Dead by Mark Billingham
- Julys pre-loved giveaway winner is..........
- ▼ August (20)