The Forbidden Vampire: The Inception, Book I by William Wdowiasz
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
I received a complimentary copy of (The Forbidden Vampire, The inception book 1 by William Wdowiasz) as a member of the
Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team. Visit dorrancebookstore.com
to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.
I received this book from Dorrance books at http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?dor... http://dorrance.stores.yahoo.net/fovainb...
Forbidden a vampire concieved from a woman and the Devil. A woman trying to hide her child from its "father"
The story starts with a brief description of Forbiddens conception and subsequent life into hiding. We are introduced to Richie and a brief history before he meets Gloria (and the names of the rivers and places he passes to find her, it gets a bit repetitive) and the story takes off from there.
The lingo when Richie talks really annoyed me, ending sentences with Yo, dude and man frequently, I found this fairly irksome and quite off putting! The book dabbles with many issues, satanism, virgin birth, Jesus and visions.
The story itself would have worked in that the vampire creation is a new and fresh idea but there was just too much of everything thrown in. Jumping back and forth from past to present, from one set of characters to several others, it was almost like 3 stories thrown into one there was so much going on.
By the end of the book I hated (yes a very strong word) Richie, an annoying ignorant idiot. I was delighted to get finished with this book and unless I am stuck with nothing to read and the second book came along free I won't be reading it. 1/5 for me (this is only the 2nd ever book to get such a rating) and the one is purely for the very small part I actually liked.
You can buy this book by using the direct link at the top of the page (next to the blurb) or go directly to the site http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?dor...
View all my reviews
More Competitions available at
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- Review - Confessions of a Corporate Slut by Jacque...
- Review - Widows by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Private by James Patterson and Maxine Pae...
- Review - Spiral by Koji Suzuki
- Review - Royal Flush by Lynda LaPlante
- Review - Fallen Angel by Maggie Wilson
- Review - The Forbidden Vampire, The Inception book...
- Review - Getting Over Edgar by Joan Barfoot
- Review - I Zombie I by Jack Wallen
- Trixie and some books
- A favour please fellow bloggers
- Review - Monster Story by McCarthy Griffin
- Review - Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
- Free books
- Review - Posted to death by Dean James
- Julys pre-loved giveaway is Shattered by various ...
- Junes pre-loved giveaway winner is...................
- Apologies re June Pre-loved comp
- ▼ July (18)