Out of innocence came forth unspeakable evil...
Henry was the first to reach the body, while Gil and Susan walked cautiously closer, and then stood watchinf. It was the body of a beautiful young girl, naked, like a peacefully sleeping mermaid. Never in their most traumatic nightmares could they have imagined the convulsive violence which followed.
From the first few pages you are hooked and horrified from the discovery of a young girl ripped apart by terrifying creatures and as the horror unravels more evil is revealed as is the trios destiny to fight it. Some of the scenes in this novel are really brutal and descriptive. Not only in a violent sense but also strong sexual descriptions. Definately not for the faint hearted or easily offended.
The book then takes on a battle between good and evil and these ordinary everyday people take on 'the devil' and its spawn. The battles take place in the dream world where the playing field is altered and we delve into the history of the night warriors and the beast itself.
The book goes along at a fairly decent pace with interactions and a build up of the characters and their familys aswell as the preparations for battle although I felt somethings could have been dealt with in more depth and somethings wouldn't have been missed had they been left out as it didn't have any impact on the main story.
I would definately read another of his books but this one is a 3/5 for me.
More Competitions available at
- ► 2019 (143)
- ► 2018 (200)
- ► 2017 (138)
- ► 2016 (114)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (91)
- ► 2013 (87)
- ► 2012 (187)
- LAST DAY Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger giveaway (...
- My review on the Authors site!
- Follow Friday (possibly number 4)
- Review Beyong Exile (day by day Armageddon) by J ...
- 30 day book challenge - day 14
- 30 day book challenge day 13
- Review - The Thieves Of Heaven by Richard Doetsch
- 30 day book challenge day 12
- Last week for the giveaway (UK and International)
- 30 day book challenge day 11
- The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler (rev...
- 30 day book challenge day 10
- Shock horror - I got a kindle
- Review - Ellan Vannin by Lyn Andrews
- 30 day book challenge day 9
- 30 day book challenge day 8
- Review - Day by day armageddon by J L Bourne
- Follow Friday (3)
- 30 day book challenge - day 7
- Wedding Season by Katie Fforde
- The April pre-loved giveaway (don't kill the messe...
- 30 day book challenge day 6
- FREE BOOK ALERT (UK and International)
- Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop
- Tami Hoag - Kill The Messenger
- 30 day book challenge day 5
- Respect the ARC
- 30 day book challenge day 4
- I won I won
- 30 day book challenge day 3
- 30 day book challenge day 2
- Ladies an author would like your help
- Night Warriors by Graham Masterton
- Random Acts Of Kindness in April
- 30 day book challenge (as posted on facebook)
- It's that time again (follow Friday)
- The Field Of Blood by Denise Mina
- Woohoo A zombie book challenge
- Follow Friday
- House Of Silence by Linda Gillard - my review
- House of Silence by Linda Gillard
- Another new author?
- 1st To Die by James Patterson
- ▼ April (43)